How to Prepare Food for Your Family Without All the Rush
I used to think that making weekly food menus was something only obsessive-compulsive people do. At least that’s what I thought when I would see my mother sitting down on our dining table at night; planning breakfasts, lunches and dinners for the whole week.
My mindset changed when I got married and had my first child. Today, with three incredibly active tots running around the house, weekly food menus have saved my life. Now, I don’t have to spend time racking my brains, thinking about what to feed my family. I simply look at my menu and pop whatever dish is listed into the oven!
Related Soul Food Menus
Learn How to Make Your Own Weekly Food Menu
Here are some guidelines on how to make a menu of your own:
1. Set aside a whole afternoon for menu-making. – Yes, you heard me correctly. Though making a menu is easy, you’ll need at least one or two hours to think it up. Take stock of what’s in your cupboard, refrigerator and freezer. Think of what you can cook with those ingredients. Consult cook books for inspiration. Write them down. Think you’re done? Not yet. That’s just the first part. Now, you’re ready for the next step.
2. Prepare the food in advance. – Preferably on the same afternoon, see what you can do in advance to make the coming days easier for you. Perhaps marinade the beef? Bread the chicken? Cook the marinara sauce? Put them in separate, air-tight containers and label them. You can keep these in the freezer, ready for cooking the moment you need them.
3. Post your menu on the refrigerator. – Place your weekly food menu where the rest of your family can see it. This way, in case you’re not around; your eldest child, your hubby or the baby sitter can look at it and see what’s there to eat.
This is just an example of how to make your own weekly food menu. Feel free to change things up to suit your lifestyle. Happy cooking!
Visit Related Topic
- How Can You Resist The Pizza Hut Menu?
- Introducing The New Dunkin Donuts Menu
- Soul Food Menus
- Introducing The Cracker Barrel Flashback Menu
- How to Make a Restaurant Menu